Career at Guidehouse
Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems?
We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialised capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession.
By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world-class knowledge and problem-solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Are you ready to make an impact on energy transformation and sustainability? Take your first step by joining our growing global Energy, Sustainability and Infrastructure practice. Our consultants are passionate about building the energy systems of tomorrow and working side by side with utilities, governments, large corporations, and manufacturers to transform their businesses, manage complexity, and accelerate operational performance. From day one, you will contribute to ground-breaking solutions that will jumpstart the distributed, intelligent, and low carbon energy industry of the future.
As an intern at Guidehouse, you will write your thesis during your internship and have the opportunity to provide wide-ranging support for client engagements, whilst building their technical foundation. You work in a team on complex problems and deliver high-quality client-ready work. As our clients are mostly large, complex companies, Interns will be coached to demonstrate business professionalism and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly to perform effectively in the client environment.
- Writing your thesis during your internship
- Opportunity to support the business and work on several projects. The themes you will work on are diverse and may vary from assessing the environmental performance of products and corporate value chains to conducting a scenario for a transition to a fully renewable global energy system
- You will be responsible for data gathering and analysis, industry research, writing reports and presenting your findings to the team
- Build good relationships with the wider team and colleagues and participate in team, office and industry events where there are opportunities
- A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving
- Experienced with Microsoft products
Academic Qualifications and Interests
- Graduating with a relevant Master’s degree (e.g. business, engineering, economics, mathematics, physical sciences, etc.)
- A strong curiosity, and/or experience, in a relevant industry topic such as: sustainability, advanced energy technologies, renewable energy, distributed generation, energy efficiency, electricity generation, transmission and distribution, natural gas transmission and distribution
- No restrictions to work in your chosen location and enrolled in a university
- As a global company we work with clients primarily in English. We do also require some of our associates/interns to be fluent in the language of the country they would be located from.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that will prevent you from performing the job responsibilities as described across our clients
Guidehouse is an equal opportunities employer and applies objective criteria to assess potential suitability. We are committed to ensuring all our directors, employees, contractors and job applicants receive fair and equitable treatment across all aspects of the firm’s HR policies and practices and we aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
You can apply for this internship on the Guidehouse’s careers site.
If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Jansen (HR Associate) at firstname.lastname@example.org.